Clients who have participated in the Recovery Here Now course have their say about how it’s helped them conquer their addiction to alcohol or drugs:
- Recovery Here Now has been a very positive experience. I’ve had difficulties and problems in my life, so being in a group setting enabled me to express myself. I found the help and support of everyone involved was a great inspiration. I now feel more comfortable with myself and the direction I’m going. The course has helped me become a more positive and giving person. I would recommend it to anyone and hope it benefits them as much as it’s benefited me.
- I found Recovery Here Now so very helpful. It completely opened me up to new ideas and other methods of recovery and has helped me become more emotionally positive. It has also helped me gain a deeper insight into myself and now I constantly find myself checking my feelings. The whole course was brilliant and has really helped me develop my self-awareness.
- Nick’s approach of examining the True Self and recognising the false persona that one creates when living with active addiction has been the basis of my recovery. He demonstrated and reinforced that to return to a life of drinking would mean that I was on a downward spiral. At first, I was rather apprehensive about what this recovery group entailed, having attended several in the past and finding it difficult to stay stopped for any length of time, but from the start I found the sessions very interesting. It wasn’t easy to look at oneself and face the truth, but the group was always supportive and understanding. Gradually I began to accept myself ‘warts and all’. I became more confident and was able to deal much better with the day-to-day running of my life and handle personal setbacks more positively.
- I found that being on the course encouraged me to achieve my goal. It helped me learn how to deal with the future in a better way. I felt inspired and motivated.
- I really loved the Recovery Here Now course. At a certain point I had an ‘aha’ moment – like a lightbulb going on in my head – and I knew I would never use drugs again.
- When I first came to Recovery Here Now I had a lot of anxiety and wasn’t sure what to expect. Nick made me feel very welcome and were supportive and professional throughout. I felt the course helped me to move forward in my life in ways I could not have imagined. I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity and cannot recommend the course highly enough.
- After decades of sustained cocaine addiction, Recovery Here Now helped me to recover my feelings and ‘true self’. The course combined group therapy with straightforward tuition to build on abstention. Using a wide-range of analytical approaches based around emotional honesty (from simple encouragement to psychodrama) I learned the tools and skills required for a joyful, clean life. Thank you.